Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GhostWolfFlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2023
Hey guys so basic issue on systems till big sur I was able to delete MacbookPro8,1.plist from Big Sur to Ventura I am totally unable to delete this file so my laptop is laggin and running really slow without adapter is there any magic chance to delete that file from ventura? I wanna run ventura and not need to be back to mojave for running smoothly.

GhostWolfFlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2023
as i wrote before when Im on adapter it works fast and smothly but when i detach and try to work on battery it just lag so much that I have even time to get coffee before an app open and on other systems before Big Sur it was the same issue but when i delete that file worked fast on battery too

GhostWolfFlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2023
the health of battery is above 90% and after I delete that file on for example mojave or high sierra it works fine on battery

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was referring to Big Sur through to Ventura.

Have you looked at the thread about Ventura on unsupported Macs?

I am using a MacBook 11,1 and I have never had to delete the plist file to deal with lagginess on a supported OS.

GhostWolfFlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2023
Have you tried to disable SIP? What is the path to the .plist
yes i done that with SIP and nothing helped

System/Library/extentions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/contents/resources/--- macbookpro8_1.plist

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
So let me understand. Your MBP is from 2011 and you want to install Ventura on it and you are having trouble? A quick check on apple and it appears a 2011 MBP is not supported on Ventura. So are you surprised it does not run?

1682697015988.png

Reactions: KeithBN

GhostWolfFlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2023
So let me understand. Your MBP is from 2011 and you want to install Ventura on it and you are having trouble? A quick check on apple and it appears a 2011 MBP is not supported on Ventura. So are you surprised it does not run?

View attachment 2194838
suprise it runs as it's patched and it runs but it works perfectly only with adapter without its laggin just like sierra and other before i delete that file

MacProFCP

Contributor
Jun 14, 2007
Michigan
suprise it runs as it's patched and it runs but it works perfectly only with adapter without its laggin just like sierra and other before i delete that file

Try booting into Safe Mode and deleting the file from Terminal. Also, you can try Target Disk Mode from another machine.

If your machine is running slow, check your laundry demons and launch agents for nonsense.

GhostWolfFlow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2023
i
Try booting into Safe Mode and deleting the file from Terminal. Also, you can try Target Disk Mode from another machine.

If your machine is running slow, check your laundry demons and launch agents for nonsense.
will try today thanks I will let you now on lunch all apps are out

Reactions: MacProFCP

ROUT3R

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2023
Nope I still search for resolution but no chance from BigSur to delete files from system library
Have they resolved it to date???

I had also solved it with previous versions and Ventura apparently leaves the main file disk as read-only and I have not been able to delete that file either, which is the one that solves Problem.

I just need to try everything from safe or recovery mode but I suppose it will be the same because the disk is read-only in the system files. Rather, we would have to find a way to remove s Read only entire disk in system file section

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.