Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Hello

I have to downgrade a El Capitan NATIVE MBP 13" (Mid 2012) but I can't

Please help

Thanks
Camelia

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
If the MacBook shipped with El Capitan, it probably won't boot from an older operating system. Macs typically won't boot from an operating system older than the one they shipped with.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Their Mac can go all the way back to Lion if you make a 10.7.5 installer. And everything since then.

Download the OS you need from the purchased tab in the App Store, use something like DiskMakerX to copy it to a flash drive, then wipe with disk utility and reinstall OS X. Not too difficult. Make backups of course.

I'd expand on the process, but the post is vague enough, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Their Mac can go all the way back to Lion if you make a 10.7.5 installer. And everything since then.

Download the OS you need from the purchased tab in the App Store, use something like DiskMakerX to copy it to a flash drive, then wipe with disk utility and reinstall OS X. Not too difficult. Make backups of course.

I'd expand on the process, but the post is vague enough, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

Now, El Capitan NATIVE MBP 13" (Mid 2012) is living happy with Yosemite :)

Thanks
Came

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.