Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mortlocli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2020
I recently came across a free app called 'Dashcam'.
I had been thinking about buying a dshcam..but on reading about this app, I thought - that would be a great use for either my G3 iPhone or my old ipod.

Thought Id use that technique of installing it on a current iPhone then be able to download an earlier version.

Only to discover my iPhone SE with ios 15 is not current any more.
Its annoying as older versions are available in the appstore, but only if youve downloaded them before...or can download the current version.

Mobyware.org does have a link for an iso 9 version but its in the USA appstore.
..and yeah - I know that trick of making a false USA ID so one can access the USA store.

Just wondering if anyone has found another way.?

-------------------------------------------------------
And heres another story:

How the iMessage 'bubble wars', the 'Beeper saga', and one curious schoolboy landed Apple in hot water.​

mortlocli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2020
The only workaround is to install the app on a newer iOS device with your Apple ID, or onto a Mac if the app is available.

Then you will be given the option to download the older version on your phone.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252798224?answerId=252798224021#252798224021
yes thank you - I do know of that and have done that with other apps on my g3 iphone.
I think Id have to buy a new phone with ios16 ..or near new. But then it would be cheaper just to buy a road cam.

Its annoying as the earlier versions are obviously still available to download if you met Apples requirements of having bought their newer hardware but ya not getting it if youve still only got their old stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.