Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2019
I've had this problem before, and thanks to someone on this forum, I hard-rebooted my phone and was able to download an App to my iPhone SE (Gen 2); but now even that doesn't work.
I want to download "iHeartRadio". App Store>Search>type in "iHeart..." and it comes right up on the Search Results. I hit "Get", get a 1-second or so circular "download" graphic, then a pop-up on my phone prompts me to "use your phone's Fingerprint ID to confirm purchase (it's free), I touch the pad and the phone immediately goes back to the Search Results page, with "Get" still there. The App is nowhere on my phone.
I've cycled Power twice now, same results. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
In case everything else fails, you could install Apple Configurator on your Mac.
No need to set up your iPhone. Simply log in with your Apple-ID, connect your iPhone via USB and search for the app to install onto your iPhone.
Chances for a successful install should be higher this way.
I don't know the reason for the iPhone's behaviour but I seem to remember experiencing something similar after restoring my iPhone from a backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: BotchQue
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.