Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
My daughter tried to download and upgrade to ios 15 (15.1.1 i think) on her iphone 12 mini. it downloads the update but won't install it, saying that she's no longer connected to the internet every time. but she's in fact connected to the internet and wifi. google fixes didn't help. i reset my wifi, had her try to download and install over a different wifi connection, deleted the update and redownloaded it, hard reset her phone, reset her internet connections, etc etc. Nothing works. any thoughts? wondering if we will have better luck when 15.2 comes out. but something is stuck and bugging out. i imagine there's a very specific fix for this that will actually work, but i can't seem to figure it out. thanks.

Sunset Cassette

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2021
Canada
My suggestion, if feasible, would be to perform a full iCloud backup and then factory reset the device. Once it has been cleared, set it up as if it is brand new, without logging into the Apple ID and restoring from iCloud. After you have completed device setup, download the software update, install, and then finally factory reset and restore from iCloud.

Aside from the above suggestion of updating via a computer, this might be the only real solution if all else fails.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
thanks, all. will consider both options. may wait until 15.2 comes out and see if that works, then try the above.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Go into iPhone storage in settings and delete iOS 15. Reboot your phone and try to reinstall it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajm222
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.