Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karmalexia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2017
Hi , I had problems with my MacBook Pro 2010 continuously shutting off at startup after putting in my password it went to the apple where the bar was moving but always shut off before making the bar code even halfway . So I looked up on YouTube someone mentioned to delete macintosh and I did I but I reinstalled it (I think ) on here thanks to you guys But now the problem is it's now making a clicking noise will running and it now says at install OS X : (pop up) can't be download the additional components needed to install OS X . It won't let me leave this page unless I hit the power button just for startup .... please help

Attachments

• IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1260.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,341

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
Does it have a spinning hard drive, and could that be the source of the clicking? If so, you may need to replace the drive, preferably with an SSD.

Karmalexia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2017
Does it have a spinning hard drive, and could that be the source of the clicking? If so, you may need to replace the drive, preferably with an SSD.
I'm not sure at all I know nothing about computers , how do i find out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.