Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hugo_santos_bif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Hi there,
i have a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro and since I've installed the latest OS X Catalina on it I can't activate any extension on safari.
I can't seem to resolve this question, I already started in safe mode and still no luck.
With OS X 10.15.6 I get the following message :

Safari has detected that an application or service is interfering with the click action.
To protect your privacy and security, this extension has not been activated. After exiting the app or service, you can try to activate the extension again.

Anyone as some sort of ideia, on how to fixit ?
Best Regards

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
From the Safari message it appears that it is related to a third party software. My suggest is:
  1. Remove everything listed in System Preferences->Users & Groups-><your user name>->Login Items
  2. If there are any files in the /Library/LaunchAgents folder, create on your Desktop a LaunchAgents folder, copy everything listed in /Library/LaunchAgents to your Desktop/LaunchAgents folder. Remove all the files in /Library/LaunchAgents.
  3. If there are any files in the /Library/LaunchDaemons folder, create on your Desktop a LaunchDaemons folder, copy everything listed in /Library/LaunchDaemons to your Desktop/LaunchDaemons folder. Remove all the files in /Library/LaunchDaemons
  4. Restart the computer and log back into your account.
If that works then you can add back in one at a time the items. The order I suggest you add back in:
  1. /Library/LaunchDaemons. Restart between adding in a files.
  2. /Library/LaunchAgents. Restart between adding in a files.
  3. System Preferences->Users & Groups-><your user name>->Login Items. Logout and login between adding items.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.