Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrogonMar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
a src=My Room a
Hello,
i got a mac pro 2008 and i had a pc with a PNY gtx 960 with 2gb of vram and
i need to flash it for booting into mac OS x and windows, so i looked around and cant find a ROM for that
and i dont want to pay for another card, so i want to flash this card myself but no roms,
so if you guys know a website with it that would be cool.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Hello,
i got a mac pro 2008 and i had a pc with a PNY gtx 960 with 2gb of vram and
i need to flash it for booting into mac OS x and windows, so i looked around and cant find a ROM for that
and i dont want to pay for another card, so i want to flash this card myself but no roms,
so if you guys know a website with it that would be cool.

Sorry, doesn't available. You must pay for it, and let the professional to do it for you.

From what you said, I assume you didn't do any study before you purchase the card. For Nvidia card, self flash only applicable up to GTX 680 4G. For AMD, that's up to R9 280X. Any better / newer card, you have to pay for someone to do it for you (e.g. MVC)

To swap between OSX and Windows, you don't need a flashed card. You can simply choose the boot drive from system preference (OSX) / bootcamp app (Windows).

If you looking for cheap solution, I suggest you DO NOT trust any source apart from MVC to flash your card. There is only one reliable solution, that's MVC, any cheaper or more expensive solution are either steal his work (but has no knowledge about Mac EFI), or either scam.

Last edited:
Reactions: netkas

DrogonMar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
a src=My Room a
Sorry, doesn't available. You must pay for it, and let the professional to do it for you.

From what you said, I assume you didn't do any study before you purchase the card. For Nvidia card, self flash only applicable up to GTX 680 4G. For AMD, that's up to R9 280X. Any better / newer card, you have to pay for someone to do it for you (e.g. MVC)

To swap between OSX and Windows, you don't need a flashed card. You can simply choose the boot drive from system preference (OSX) / bootcamp app (Windows).

If you looking for cheap solution, I suggest you DO NOT trust any source apart from MVC to flash your card. There is only one reliable solution, that's MVC, any cheaper or more expensive solution are either steal his work (but has no knowledge about Mac EFI), or either scam.
Ok good to know! thanks :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.