Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I know I saw a tread that explained this, but I am unable to find it. The one who made the guide was a Contributor.

Can anyone put the link please?

Thanks,

Roco.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
If you're installing RC1, I'm not sure a guide is necessary. Just follow the regular Boot Camp instructions, except when it asks for the XP CD, put in the Vista DVD instead. I just did it today, and Vista installed fine.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
mduser63 said:
If you're installing RC1, I'm not sure a guide is necessary. Just follow the regular Boot Camp instructions, except when it asks for the XP CD, put in the Vista DVD instead. I just did it today, and Vista installed fine.

mduser63 is absolutely correct. The only trouble you will run into is that Apple has not released drivers for Vista yet. So while sound, wireless and networking work. Most everything else (iSight, backlight, full keyboard/trackpad use) does not.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
treblah said:
mduser63 is absolutely correct. The only trouble you will run into is that Apple has not released drivers for Vista yet. So while sound, wireless and networking work. Most everything else (iSight, backlight, full keyboard/trackpad use) does not.

So I don't need to delete the EFI partition to install Vista now?.....that was the part of your guide that I didn't like. It sounded kind of dangerous.:p

Is it really worth to install Vista? Or would I be constantly having problems with the keyboard (iSight is not a problem, I never use it, and backlight support is useless for me since I have a MB).

Thanks,

Roco

Virtualball

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
No, the older versions of Vista had conflicting issues with EFI Support (mainly it has none :rolleyes: ) The new onews Pre-RC1+ all work like XP.

Now, Vista is useless to have on a mb/mbp unless you want the cool effects. You cant install drivers properly so theres no reason to really have it.

*Typing from post-RC1 build* ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.