Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

torbjornhb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
Hi.
Simply explained:

Had to do a clean install of my iPhone (not restoring from backup). I have logged in with the same Apple ID, but non of the previous messages are shows in iMessage. They are available on both my Mac and iPad, and all devices are synced to iCloud. I thoughy they should be loaded on the iPhone as well... Does anyone know of any über-smart solutions?😃

Could it be that my iCloud account is to full? I noticed that after the last backup, I have used 198 of 200 GB. There's is plenty of storage in the phone though.

Thanks for all replies.

rocketbuc

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2017
Did you have "iMessages in iCloud" enabled before the clean install?

I'd suggest to check the settings on your phone first (+enable it). Then you can turn to your other devices and enable the setting as well. When those are on Wi-Fi + charger, the messages will be synced to iCloud and subsequently download on your iPhone as well.

Regarding the iCloud space: Do make sure that you have enough free storage before doing the above. You can check in the details what is taking up space in your iCloud, maybe a copy of your messages is already in the cloud.

Reactions: torbjornhb

torbjornhb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
Did you have "iMessages in iCloud" enabled before the clean install?

I'd suggest to check the settings on your phone first (+enable it). Then you can turn to your other devices and enable the setting as well. When those are on Wi-Fi + charger, the messages will be synced to iCloud and subsequently download on your iPhone as well.

Regarding the iCloud space: Do make sure that you have enough free storage before doing the above. You can check in the details what is taking up space in your iCloud, maybe a copy of your messages is already in the cloud.
Thanks a look for your helpful reply 🙂
Actually just solved it. iMessage Sync wasn't activated in my iphone, so now they're all back 😃

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.