Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAttackKev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
My 23 Civic can't seem to get CarPlay to work wired and wirelessly for my new 15 PM.

I deleted my old iPhone connection on my car and deleted and reinstalled the Bluetooth connection twice on my new 15PM and car, but I keep getting the device not detected on my car's smartphone settings (even when it's paired via Bluetooth) and when I go to CarPlay on my iPhone it doesn't detect any car. I have no issues connecting it via Bluetooth, which allows my music and phone settings, but no carplay. I have Siri enabled and allowed everything on screen time settings. I'm currently running ios 17.0.2.

It was very seamless connecting my 11 PM to my car both wirelessly and wired, but this is just a headache.
Anyone else have/had issues? Any solutions?

macphoto861

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2021
Did you try different cables? It's working in my 2018 Civic (wired only), though it appears to be cable-finicky.

MacAttackKev

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
It seems it was the Cable!
I tried x2 different USBA to C cable brands both didn't work, I ended up getting a USBC to A adapter and using the cable that came with my iphone and it works now, no luck with wireless yet though.

Reactions: macphoto861
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.