Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maria255

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
I am unable to find the current location of one of my contacts on "Find My Friends". It only provides her location as of three weeks ago. This is on both my iPhone and my MacBook Air. All my other contacts on Find my Friends work fine.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Have you asked her to verify she is still sharing her location with you, or in general?

Maria255

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
Have you asked her to verify she is still sharing her location with you, or in general?
Yes. She can't figure out what is wrong. We tried to stop sharing our respective locations then starting over. Now I can't "see" her at all. Her boyfriend can't find her location on Fiona My Friends either.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Sounds like you're doing the right things to try and troubleshoot this. If only the results were better.

Can she see anyone's location?

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Does she have any other Apple devices she could use to provide her location just to see if the problem is device-specific?

subzento

Suspended
Mar 24, 2023
Salt Lake City
Looks like there might be an issue with the location sharing settings or the device of your contact.

Ensure that location sharing is enabled on both your device and your contact's device. If it's enabled and still not updating, your contact might have disabled location sharing or their device might be offline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.