Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steveoknox24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I installed windows on my macbook pro and so far it works just fine. however, i can't seem to get online. Of course all macs come with a wireless router built in but it won't connect to my wireless network. Does the router work w/ windows? Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help me out with this? lol yea i kno i sound a little panicy but i mean Windows XP was 200 bucks and if i can't get on the internet then i shouldn't have spent that money.

dreamsINdigital

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
It's not called a wireless router, but a wireless card. Specifically, an AirPort card. From what I've tried, yes it does work in Windows. Are you using Boot Camp or Parallels? If using Boot Camp, make sure to install the drivers from Apple Drivers CD.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
My AirPort didnt' work at the beginning either - after I had the 1.1 drivers installed and then reinstalled the 1.0 drivers, it worked.

Steveoknox24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
ok awesome guys i jus need to reinstall or install all the drivers. Thanks again sorry for the lack of technical lingo... prob hence the reason im in this predicament. and is the CD called Apple Drivers or is that just what it contains.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.