Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Hey all, need some help here:
I recently purchased the 3rd Gen Apple TV 4k 128 GB to replace a 2nd Gen 64 GB. Mainly to have the newer model to ensure longer support going forward. Anyway, I wanted to try the "recognize my voice" features for Siri. On my iPhone 12 Pro Max, running iOS 16.4.1, the setting is on, and I also toggled on Show Me on Apple TV, and selected the 3rd Gen,

On the Apple TV running 16.4.1, I went into my user and tried to turn on Recognize my voice, While I got the confirmation check mark, on my iPhone, and ATV, the setting remains grey with a spinning gear, and never seems to fully activate. I've tried rebooting the ATV, and toggling Siri on and off as well on the device.

I only have one Apple ID, and the ATV is connected to my home as it shows up in Home App, also all my data associated with my Apple ID works as expected on the new ATV. Photos, apps, subscriptions, music, etc.

I will mention that, before factory resetting my 2nd Gen ATV, I also tried to activate Recognize my voice on that as well, just to confirm it wasn't something specific to the new ATV 3rd, and it did the exact same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.