Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Maybe I’m looking at the wrong setting, or maybe this can’t be hidden, but if I go to search for something, I’m presented with six Siri app suggestions (which can be minimized to show just three). Is there a way to hide his entirely?

I assumed Settings > Siri & Search > Suggestions while Searching (toggling off) would take care of this, but it’s still there.

Any suggestions?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
The only way I've found to not see apps in a search is to disable it for each app.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Maybe I’m looking at the wrong setting, or maybe this can’t be hidden, but if I go to search for something, I’m presented with six Siri app suggestions (which can be minimized to show just three). Is there a way to hide his entirely?

I assumed Settings > Siri & Search > Suggestions while Searching (toggling off) would take care of this, but it’s still there.

Any suggestions?

I had this same problem. I thought toggling off that setting would take care of it too, but it wasn't until I toggled off "Suggestions on Home Screen" that the app suggestions on the search screen were hidden.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
? yeah you’d think that’d take care of it.

I have all four toggles under ‘Siri Suggestions’ turned off. Try that.

Also, did you restart your iPhone after disabling the setting?

Wait, are you searching via the main pull-down gesture from the Home Screen or within an App like Safari, Contacts etc? Because within Settings, you can type “Search” in the search field & it brought up multiple settings menus where you can disable Siri Suggestions. Try that too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.