Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeffx342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
North Andover
Is anybody having this problem?
I went to download Dreamweaver MX 04 from Macromedia (30-day Trial) installed fine but will not run at all, then I downloaded Flash MX 2004 and that will not install at all.

I am running under 10.3.2

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
I've had nothing but issues with Flash '04.

The .01 updater from macromedia killed my keyboard shortcuts. They've stopped working. I've dumped preferences, repaired permissions and even tried reinstalling.

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
Have you installed the trail app before? If so, they leave something behind that prevents you from using it again for an additional 30 days.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
You might want to check the Macromedia support area. They have many different issues.

When I did an Archive and Install upgrade on one machine, I had to delete the Macrovision folder and go through the activation process again to get everything to run.

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
flash doesn't work properly with filevault on until the update has been done to flash but by then the corruption has done its thing. Turn off filevault if you have it on and reinstall Flash making sure you dump all prefs first.
I had probs at first but with filevault off the probs seem to have gone away touch wood.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Re: can't install Flash MX 04, Cant run Dreamweaver 04 under 10.3

Originally posted by Jeffx342
Is anybody having this problem?
I went to download Dreamweaver MX 04 from Macromedia (30-day Trial) installed fine but will not run at all, then I downloaded Flash MX 2004 and that will not install at all.

I am running under 10.3.2

To expand on what bousozoku said: The Macromedia MX apps broke under Panther. There are upgrades available from the Macromedia Web site however.

Note that this isn't a bug in Panther, and it's not really a bug in the Macromedia products either. They were coded against an earlier version of OS X and need to be updated - that's all. (I know you didn't say it was a bug; I've just seen so many "Panther is buggy because program xxxx won't work anymore" posts ...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.