Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fanfzero

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2016
Hi guys, don't know if I should ask here for this, but here is my Issue.
I have a late 2007 macbook (3,1) and I want to upgrade the OS. The latest version it officially supports is Lion. I was able to install Mountain Lion with MLpostFactor (everything worked, had to go back to lion because of a minor bug).
Now I want to try Mavericks or El Capitan, but I can't find a way. This is what I've tried.
-MacPostFactor: Stuck on the skip ad thing
-SFOTT: Creates the usb partition, but when I try to boot into it it boots into Lion. Doing it on a partition from the HDD did not work, it doesn't show on the boot menu.
-DiscmakerX: Creates de drive, but when I try to boot I get the circle crossed by a bar.
-MacOS patcher: when I boot from the drive the installer boots, but it says mavericks/yosemite/el capitan (tried with the 3 systems) is already installed on my computer and forces me to reboot

Any help? Thanks

halak77

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2015
Hi guys, don't know if I should ask here for this, but here is my Issue.
I have a late 2007 macbook (3,1) and I want to upgrade the OS. The latest version it officially supports is Lion. I was able to install Mountain Lion with MLpostFactor (everything worked, had to go back to lion because of a minor bug).
Now I want to try Mavericks or El Capitan, but I can't find a way. This is what I've tried.
-MacPostFactor: Stuck on the skip ad thing
-SFOTT: Creates the usb partition, but when I try to boot into it it boots into Lion. Doing it on a partition from the HDD did not work, it doesn't show on the boot menu.
-DiscmakerX: Creates de drive, but when I try to boot I get the circle crossed by a bar.
-MacOS patcher: when I boot from the drive the installer boots, but it says mavericks/yosemite/el capitan (tried with the 3 systems) is already installed on my computer and forces me to reboot

Any help? Thanks
[doublepost=1476721896][/doublepost]I am in same boat as you with no land in sight!
Don

Reactions: fanfzero

fanfzero

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2016
So, I've been able to install Yosemite and Mavericks with MacPostFactor 1.0.1 and also Yosemite with OS X extractor. The trouble now is that I can't find a way to install El Capitan. MacPostFactor 2.0.1 guives me an error code 1, and with OS X extractor the installer from the pendrive starts booting, but before the end of the progress bar I get the crossed circle

markapplelover

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2008
Tampa
I have a black macbook 4,1 and I'm using MacPostFactor to install Yosemite and all seems well until the install progress bar is almost complete, then it gets stuck there. Any suggestions?

fanfzero

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2016
I have a black macbook 4,1 and I'm using MacPostFactor to install Yosemite and all seems well until the install progress bar is almost complete, then it gets stuck there. Any suggestions?
Try a lower version of macpostfactor (1.0 or 1.0.1). You can also try os x extractor or use unibeast.

markapplelover

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2008
Tampa
Trying older MacPostFactor, same thing, doesn't get past the last few percentages if the install progress bar. OS Extractor didn't work either, and same with Unibeast

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.