Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macisterrible

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
This surely cant be right... I usually use windows. Never have I had an issue installing an app on there.

Using my gfs laptop it only has 10.6.8 on it and when I download and try to install a new app it says I cant because I need a specific version or later... lame.

Just another way for mac to profit off their users? Surely not. Surely I can somehow download a new browser and install it without having to pay to upgrade

Which, apparently may not be smart as this mac has 2gb of ram and newer operating systems require more than that.

If I do upgrade and pay the money would she lose any files she has on her admin account on the laptop?
[doublepost=1502742733][/doublepost]Just thought... if you do need to upgrade and it takes more than 2gb to run it then effectively these macbooks are only worth binning after a certain amount of time since you cant upgrade ram on a laptop... easily at least.

Besides you shouldnt HAVE to do that... just wow someone tell me I have it wrong...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.