Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeadlyBreakfast

macrumors regular
Original poster
I was having problems with saving images from web pages from in safari. Every time I tried to download to disk or copy to the cliboard safari totally crashed...gone...poof. So I remove it , download the package from Apple and when I go to try and install it it says "You cannot istall the software on this volume. The system cannot use this software" What the hell does this mean? Im running Panther , fully patched , repaired permissions, and I just downloaded 1.0 Safari from Apples website 5 mins ago so its not an old package. This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen...

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
The Safari on Apple's page is only for Jaguar, Safari for panther is included on the Panther CD's.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Find a newer version

Try to find another version of Safari, probably one on a Panther install disc. I don't believe Safari 1.0 works with Panther, which is probably why you cannot install it.

DeadlyBreakfast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Well cant seem to see where I can just install Safari from the Panther disks. I went back and checked where I downloaded Safari from I quote

"OS X 10.2 or higher"
"Any Macintosh Computer"

They even have a pic of the panther box. This is beyond stupid...

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by DeadlyBreakfast
Just went through each Panther disk three times and there is no package for Safari.

Give me your AIM, MSN, ICQ Etc and I'll talk to you there and we'll sort this out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.