Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emulajavi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
I have:

- MacBook 12-inch (early 2015). MacBook 8.1

- macOS High Sierra 10.13

I want to install:

- Windows 10 Fall Creators

Downloaded from Microsoft Win10_1709_Spanish_x64.iso (hash: 6d72891ff8c4abdfa43b16979677f33b5e81aa61)

Opened BootCamp, created selected the Windows iso, it creates the partition, and downloads compatibility software.

When the machine reboots, Windows 10 Installer loads, but the MacBook's keyboard and touchpad aren’t detected. Using an external usb keyboard+mouse I’m able to clic on Install but then a pop up appears saying something like this but in Spanish:

It seems that High Sierra's BootCamp Assistant isn’t providing the neccesary drivers for the Windows Installation to go by. It’s seems something High Sierra - related since I’ve seen another user on Apple Communities having problems. He was trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary, so it isn’t something related to Fall Creators, so it must be that the Bootcamp Assistant isn’t doing things as it’s expected to do.

Has anyone encountered any problems with High Sierra an new Bootcamp installations?

Thank you

emulajavi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Problem solved....

I tried again the next day to install it again.... and this time....when booting Windows setup, mouse and keyboard from the MacBook were usable, and a different screen saying install now appeared. No errors and the installation went through as it should.

So it seems, as I first thought, that there was a problem with the Bootcamp drivers not being integrated into the setup. Maybe, although Bootcamp Assistant said it was downloading compatibility software, it’d didn’t download any or all the neccesary files, because the Apple Server didn’t send them all or any other problem ‘server-side’. So when Windows setup tried to run....it didn’t have all the neccesary files to identify Apple hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.