Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blacking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
"Copy this application to a writable Mac OS Extended formatted disk and reopen it to continue installation."

1392101_457362657712157_968279671_n.jpg

Ddregs

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2013
I downloaded the Install Mavericks app on my Mac Pro (slow dsl line, 8 hours.... )
I copied the app to my MacBook Pro in order to install it there, but I get the above message. Anyone willing to help?
Tks

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I downloaded the Install Mavericks app on my Mac Pro (slow dsl line, 8 hours.... )
I copied the app to my MacBook Pro in order to install it there, but I get the above message. Anyone willing to help?
Tks

Exrtract the install app from the main dmg and then move the install app to either your desktop or applications folder.

Designed4Mac

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
I Wish I Knew
Tks

You need to copy the install app to en external drive that is formatted to Mac OS Journaled and install it from there.

Ddregs

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2013
Thanks all for your tips.
I was wondering if there was a faster way since the same app is working fine on my Mac Pro (Applications folder, right where it has been downloaded)

Ddregs

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2013
Solved: rebooting did the trick. I started the installer right after and it is now working. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.