Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jensensi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Hi all! Need a bit of help. I'm running an old imac that I grabbed cheap. 2008 I think, running 10.6.8. Just want to use it as a media player. My music streaming app is Deezer which requires IOS11 minimum so the app is a no go but I should be able to play it from a browser. Only problem is it's coming up with a security certificate issue - specifically its saying the clock is ahead even though its accurate. I found something that said it might be a firewall issue but thats already turned off.

I'm not great with fixing issues so novice level help required! Thanks in advance.

Your clock is ahead​

A private connection to www.deezer.com can't be established because your computer's date and time (Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 11:04:21 AM) are incorrect.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
What you're experiencing is a well-known issue that popped up around September 30 when a security certificate expired -- that seems to have affected quite a few users.

I understand that it's particularly problematic for users who have OS 10.11 (El Capitan) and earlier.

Have you tried the Firefox browser?
I believe the last version of Firefox to support 10.6.8 is version 48.
I've read that Firefox uses its own certificates and doesn't seem to be affected by the issue.

Regarding the clock:
I believe there's a setting in the date & time preference pane that lets the OS set the clock automatically. Is that checked?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.