Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
id like to SSH in and change out this sound but i looked through: /private/var/stash/Applications.WdekBh/Game Center~iphone.app

and could not find any sign of a caf or aiff within that directory or sub directory.

i thought push notification sounds were located within that applications folder so the developer could customize their own push sound?

anyone know where to find this bugger so i can change it?

B737

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
i was never successful at locating it, and i dug pretty deep. i hope someone can shed some light on this

Ablasted

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2012
Digging up this old post, and if anyone is still looking, you can find that sound in: System/Library/Frameworks/GameKit.framework
and it's called GKInvite.aif

Funny, this post returns every year at almost the same date. Just realized that

jaysonlee

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2013
can someone pls email me the sound?

Does anybody PLEASE know where i can download the gamecenter notification sound? the trumpet? i want to use it as a text tone please,...

J_MAC29

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2016
Hi, I'm new here so i thought i'd ask some of the experts. I was wondering if any one knew how to get the Game Center notification sound, but the Mac Version. I heard for the first time today and I really liked it! I can't find it anywhere. any help would be much appreciated! thank you!

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Weird I just received a random friend request on Game Center, but the new sound sounds better than the trumpet fanfare version. If anyone knows the name of this file or where to download it that would be great. Thanks!

TechWright

Suspended
Sep 16, 2019
Las Vegas
As for ios 12-12.4, not sure of other versions, the sound file is currently named "GKInvite.caf"...and it is now located in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GameCenterUI.framework/

Hopefully, this helps. I know there are many looking for the info!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.