Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philcez84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Why would this not be working? The going to the website, http://www.me.com, it automatically takes me to the login page, https://auth.apple.com/authenticate...LndvYS93YS90cmFtcG9saW5l&destinationUrl=/mail

When I attempt to login in, I am told "invalid member name or password." I have tried changing the password, I have used multiple username possibilities and all sorts of combinations...but it doesn't work.

What on earth is going on? Why am I unable to do this? I called Apple and they told me that I should just wait and it might start working in a little bit.

ALSO, similar to 53399, when I attempt to change my password, I am sent to a page that tells me " Your Apple ID password has been changed.

Select the "continue" button below to return to Apple Store Japan or choose from the list at right" and the only choice is a green button which says "Continue"...AND THAT BUTTON DOESN'T EVEN WORK!!!!

I set up my trial yesterday. Today I tried to set up MobileMe on my iMac and iPhone. After following the instruction for setting up MobileMe through step 3, the directions told me to go to http://www.me.com to make sure it's synced my info...BUT I CAN"T

PLEASE HELP ME....SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Last edited by a moderator:

jennyp

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
same here...

Why would this not be working? The going to the website, http://www.me.com, it automatically takes me to the login page, https://auth.apple.com/authenticate...LndvYS93YS90cmFtcG9saW5l&destinationUrl=/mail

When I attempt to login in, I am told "invalid member name or password." I have tried changing the password, I have used multiple username possibilities and all sorts of combinations...but it doesn't work.

What on earth is going on? Why am I unable to do this? I called Apple and they told me that I should just wait and it might start working in a little bit.

ALSO, similar to 53399, when I attempt to change my password, I am sent to a page that tells me " Your Apple ID password has been changed.

Select the "continue" button below to return to Apple Store Japan or choose from the list at right" and the only choice is a green button which says "Continue"...AND THAT BUTTON DOESN'T EVEN WORK!!!!

I set up my trial yesterday. Today I tried to set up MobileMe on my iMac and iPhone. After following the instruction for setting up MobileMe through step 3, the directions told me to go to http://www.me.com to make sure it's synced my info...BUT I CAN"T

PLEASE HELP ME....SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Hey - I'm having exactly the same problems. Maybe you ought to do what I'm considering and leave it all alone for a day or so. :rolleyes: I think there's some pretty frantic people in Cupertino right now. Let's leave them to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViveLeLivre

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2006
Server took a dump. It's still down for just about everyone, I imagine. Just give it some time, it will come back up at some point.

deedas

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2003
Baltimore, Maryland
Same here

Same here. I'm getting a little worried because if we can't log in, we also can't easily cancel the service. Anyone knows any alternative ways to canceling the service? I'm not gonna pay 100 bucks for a service that is this crappy. :mad:

AlwaysHopeful

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
I had this issue using Firefox. Switched back to Safari and works fine.

Bit of a shame tho, I love Firefox and cannot stand Safari!

FogCityMac

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
****Woo Hoo... I Can log on!! ****

Similar problems.

After downloading 1.1, I went through System Preferences (clicked on Mobile Me icon) and logged on.

- I clicked on Account Details. Took me to Mobile Me and asked for name and password. Received "Invalid member name or password."
- Clicked on "Forget Password"
- Went through the online reset using security questions, option 2
- Reset password

I can now sign on through System Preferences AND me.com

deedas

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2003
Baltimore, Maryland
Ugh

Software Update won't give me the 1.1 update. Didn't this whole "transition" start like two days ago? I know its big process but this is officially too long IMO.

lbalon

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
mobileme login problems

I am currently on hold with Apple. He told me that they have had hundreds of calls about this. They did have a mobileme phone number to contact for help but, due to the amount of calls, they've shut it down. He says he can't get any help with it either. How's that for customer support! Unfortunately, his hands are tied since he can't get any help either. When he tries to get help, he is told to go to the website and that doesn't help him either. I'm VERY frustrated with this. He is sending an e-mail for me to them since I can't do it through their website for some reason. Hopefully, they'll come up with an answer for me, but the website says that it will take 48 hours for them to respond. I also told the guy on the phone that I want my expiration extended to the time that I will be able to login.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I can't login from my Vista machine at work via MobileMe preferences (and haven't been able to since launch). Web services, my iPhone, and the Mac at home all log in fine. Something weird with my work machine.

Edit: based on some threads at the Apple Discussion Forums it looks like MM isn't supporting proxy servers at this time...

Wolfer92

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
Can't login - MobileMe isn't working for me - HELP

Hey all. i have the same problem. about 50 days ago i have register on the MobileMe tor the trial version. and today (28 April 2010) i got mail that in next serval days the trial version is finishing and they told me that on next few days they will take a £59 from my count, so i was trying to log into the page and cancel the MobileMe because i really didn't use it at all.
i was trying to bring my password by "Forgot the Password" and when i change it the message still comes up that "membername or passwords are invalids"
i was trying to contact Apple and MobileMe by mail and Phone Call but no one gave the answer what is going on. tomorrow I'm thinking of going to the nearest APPLE shop in my area and try to fix it with them but i really don't know it that does help.

oh ye i was also trying to delete the payment information from the account but it didn't help as well.

I'm hoping that OR they fix the MobileMe or the guys in the APPLE store in my area will help to fix it to me.

If you guys got some idea how to fix it i realy will be peasant to see new posts up here ass wel ass sending them to my mail.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

if the guys from the shop will fix it i will post another post :p to inform you to go and ask them to do it !!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.