Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I reset it recently and was setting it up but I can't get it to log in to iTunes or iCloud. The problem appears to be in authentication. The 2FA shows up on my Mac and I click Allow but there's no place to enter the passcode on the iPod Touch that's displayed on my Mac. This was with iCloud and with iTunes. So I can't install anything else. I am going to try connecting it to the Mac to see if I can install Apps via iTunes on the Mac. But this is a bit of a disappointment. I will only be able to use the default apps.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
It doesn't look like there's any way to install Apps or set up iCloud. So I'm stuck with the default Apps. I guess I'll have to live with that as it still has sufficient functionality to be useful as a spare device.

I tried creating a new iCloud account and this didn't work.

• Sad
Reactions: rafark

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Sometimes, I believe you need to type the 6 digit code at the end of your iCloud password.

Older versions of operating systems aren't programmed to do this.

If you're using an operating system older than when they implemented the code, then you are out of luck with iCloud.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Older versions of operating systems aren't programmed to do this.

If you're using an operating system older than when they implemented the code, then you are out of luck with iCloud.

I think you may have misinterpreted "at the end of" incorrectly, as "after".

Reactions: Slix
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.