Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyh2

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I've been trying to login to my @me and @mac.com AIM accounts for a while without any luck. I did a Twitter search, and apparently I'm not alone.

9Va

Anyone know what's up with this?

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I've been trying to login to my @me and @mac.com AIM accounts

Are you using Peerguardian2? I heard that it may cause these type of errors, and a complete (erase and install) os reinstall may be required to correct.
I had this experience after upgrading to snow leopard, and now, having done the reinstall and no longer having pg2 installed, iChat is working well.

Hope this helps

andyh2

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Well, I woke up this morning and I can login fine. Must've been a temporary issue.

kdbinsfo

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
I've been having the exact same problem. Called Apple and they said there was a server problem that was being worked on. No estimate for when it would be back up again.

Haifa

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2010
Help

I have the same problem, tried to use the ichat today but it didn't work with me all what i'm getting is a massage: "ichat cannot communicate to the mobileme account. General error, please advise me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.