Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chubbles

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Hey Folks,
Having a frustrating problem! I can't open Finder or Keychain after the power was shut off for a couple of hours. I have tried several reboots and have also tried relaunching Finder and Keychain, it does not work. The other strange thing is that my usual home page does not display. I am using OS 11.5.2

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,
chubbles

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Hi! Is there an error when you're opening Keychain & Finder? (a screenshot or error description would be appreciated) As for the Finder there a several things to check, usually something's wrong with preferences.
And, by home page you mean your browser homepage?

chubbles

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Hey appltech,
Thanks for the reply. Your comments show once more that my communication skills a bad! My problem was all about screen mirroring. It was my Home Screen or Start Page that would not display. My Home Screen is very simple with just two files on it to indicate I have started up correctly, from there I go to Safari or Launch Pad. First click Screen Mirroring and make sure Built-in Retina Display is chosen then in System Preferences Displays go to "Optimize for" and change it to "Built-in Retina Display, then click "Arrangement" and make sure "mirror Displays and Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" are checked. This solved my problem!

I'm old and not tech savvy, but I think this indicates my problem was screen mirroring.

Thanks for your interest!
chubbles

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.