Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dasmin19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
When I click on my drive icon on desktop, it disappears for 5 seconds, then returns. Then I try to click on Go->Computer, and nothing open. I ran a Disk Utility check and no errors came up. Just started doing that today. What the heck is going on? And I'm using Yosemite 10.10.1, didn't happen till then. Is this another bug beside WiFi issue, I read about?

Last edited:

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
How is the drive connected, internal, USB, NAS over Wi-Fi etc.? What happens if you open it from a Finder window? Have you tried restarting?

dasmin19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
Thanks for replying.

I am currently using external. But at the moment I figured out how to force unmount my main internal drive(whole other story). The internal was giving me trouble last week. But at this moment I erased, renamed it, and Yosemite is installing to it as we speak. So hopefully, this gets the internal back up and running.

Thanks again,

dasmin19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
Your right, I might have to replace the internal drive.
Because started doing the internet reinstall, I started downloading, and then the screen just went dark grey, all I can see is the mouse pointer. Wonder should I shut down, and try the internet Yosemite install once more.

Like I said, before I have it installed on the external drive but that started acting crazy, with the not being able to click on drives, after I did the 10.10.1 update today. It's a Late 2009 iMac, so just trying to keeps it going till I can get a new one.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Wonder should I shut down, and try the internet Yosemite install once more.

I wouldn't bother, sounds like that internal drive isn't worth trusting any more. Put a 500GB drive in, when you upgrade out that drive in a USB caddy, use it to migrate to your new MBP, then use it as a backup...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.