Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
UK
If I delete an Apple Arcade game I can't re-download it. I can click "get" in the Apple Arcade app, but that rather bizarrely triggers the icon of every arcade game I've ever downloaded and then subsequently deleted to flash on top of each other on the home screen. The game I'm trying to re-download never downloads, no matter how many times I try.

If I click "get" on a game I have never downloaded before, it works perfectly. I dare not delete anything now as I know I won't be able to get it again, which is difficult on a device with such a tiny amount of internal storage and no SD card slot.

I don't know if this is an odd local issue to my box or a TVOS13 bug, but it's a nasty one.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
If I delete an Apple Arcade game I can't re-download it. I can click "get" in the Apple Arcade app, but that rather bizarrely triggers the icon of every arcade game I've ever downloaded and then subsequently deleted to flash on top of each other on the home screen. The game I'm trying to re-download never downloads, no matter how many times I try.

If I click "get" on a game I have never downloaded before, it works perfectly. I dare not delete anything now as I know I won't be able to get it again, which is difficult on a device with such a tiny amount of internal storage and no SD card slot.

I don't know if this is an odd local issue to my box or a TVOS13 bug, but it's a nasty one.
I had a similar issue with two games that refused to finish downloading. What I had to do is go into settings and under General go to manage storage, delete the apps from there and then restart the Apple TV. Perhaps that will solve your issue also.

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
UK
I had a similar issue with two games that refused to finish downloading. What I had to do is go into settings and under General go to manage storage, delete the apps from there and then restart the Apple TV. Perhaps that will solve your issue also.

I've even tried completly blanking my ATV but the issue won't go away. I had a lengthy call with Apple about it and it looks like I've discovered a rare TVOS 13 bug. They don't have a solution yet unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.