Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iapplerandomthings

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2016
Hi there,

I'm kind of desperate. I have a pre unibody early 2008 Macbook Pro installed with MacOS Mojave (thanks to dudeos patch). The problem is that some day, the Mac refused to start... it kept stuck at the loading bar with the apple logo.
I tried resetting the SMC, NVRAM, removing the battery and nothing worked.
After trying all of this alternatives, I tried to reinstall MacOS (also with dudeOS patch, Catalina this time) and the installer kept stuck also when loading the first screen....
Since then, i've tried to install El Capitan (oficially supported), Mojave, Catalina (both with the patch), Snow leopard and Lion. None of them worked except for Leopard (10.5.8), that one is the only OS that my Mac actually boots to the installer and let me install the OS...

Also, I have installed Windows 7 in a second partition without problems, everything is working as it should. The problem is installing any version of MacOS up to Leopard....

My Mac specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T9500 2.6ghz
4gb DDR2 667 (I've tried with only 1 slot, replacing both and nothing works)
256Gb SSD (also tried removing the HD and tried to boot to the installer and it keeps stuck at loading bar with apple logo)
Nvidia Geforce 8600gt 512 mb (I know that this card eventually will fail, but I can use it normally with Leopard and W7, so I don't thing that this could be the problem...)

Now I'm without ideas... I think that I alredy tried everything. I can't use apple hardware diagnostic because Leopard does not have it... and I cant boot any other installer.

Any help will be apreciate.

Attachments

• mac.jpg
    mac.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 393

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Such are the hazards of installing unsupported "patches"...

You wrote:
"None of them worked except for Leopard (10.5.8), that one is the only OS that my Mac actually boots to the installer and let me install the OS..."

This seems to be in contradiction to your thread title.
If you have installed 10.5.8, then you CAN install a version of the Mac OS onto the MBP.

I'm wondering if the presence of the Windows partition is somehow preventing you from "going further". That's only a guess.

iapplerandomthings

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2016
I've disconect it and also plugged in another empty SSD and the issue is the same. Still can't boot the installer.

iapplerandomthings

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2016
Nothing? :(

I installed Windows 10 succesfully.

No luck with any MacOS 10,5+ or Linux.

Maybe @dosdude1 knows something? previously, I installed the APFS patch on my MBP in order to run Catalina, but it was working fine. It just stopped booting. Maybe an EFI problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.