Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
I have an issue that I can't seem to resolve... I called AppleCare, and they too were perplexed. Basically, at some point a subscribed calendar was added to my phone in the 'Other' calendar area.. It shows, "US Holidays" and below it, "Subscribed".

I've tried everything I can think of to remove it; nothing helps.

• If I try to swipe the calendar, nothing happens.
  • Clicking edit, then going to the next page where I can change the calendar color lets me change color but NOT change the name, and the delete button is missing.
  • There is no Webdav (or anything similar) in mail, contacts, calendars in settings.
  • I've removed all accounts and it persists.
  • I've opened calendar on my mac; not there.
  • I've opened calendar on the iCloud website; not there.
  • It doesn't show on my iPad which has the same accounts/settings.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I have an issue that I can't seem to resolve... I called AppleCare, and they too were perplexed. Basically, at some point a subscribed calendar was added to my phone in the 'Other' calendar area.. It shows, "US Holidays" and below it, "Subscribed".

I've tried everything I can think of to remove it; nothing helps.

• If I try to swipe the calendar, nothing happens.
  • Clicking edit, then going to the next page where I can change the calendar color lets me change color but NOT change the name, and the delete button is missing.
  • There is no Webdav (or anything similar) in mail, contacts, calendars in settings.
  • I've removed all accounts and it persists.
  • I've opened calendar on my mac; not there.
  • I've opened calendar on the iCloud website; not there.
  • It doesn't show on my iPad which has the same accounts/settings.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I have it on mine too... hmmmm I deleted all mail/calendar accounts and it is still there. Not sure on this one. I just keep it unchecked.

----------

Okay this is bugging me enough I am going to backup and reset my device and see what is there when setup as new...

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I'll be giving it a shot here shortly.

----------

My girlfriends 5S does not have the calendar and she is running 7.0.4. I have 7.1 B4 on my phone and iPad. I am thinking it is something I set up on my Mac when I had it. If that is true, I should be able to see at what point during a new setup the calendar gets added.

----------

Ok I setup my iPad as new and did not enter any of my Apple ID info and US calendars is there. It seems it is something new with the 7.1 betas? Or a bug.

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal
I think it's a bug in the beta. My UK phone running 7.1 beta 4 has UK Holidays which I can't remove.

I think it might be an undocumented new "feature".. If so, I really dislike it. It duplicates content, and isn't consistent across all devices. Silly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.