Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DominikHoffmann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Indiana
I have a client who has a couple of Meross MSS110 smart switches. They had successfully been added to the Home app in the process of being added to the Wi-Fi network. We had good reason to change the password to the Wi-Fi network, which made those two switches unresponsive. Meross’s procedure for getting them back is to factory-reset them and add them to the Home app from scratch.

A couple of attempts to do so resulted in the Home app reporting that the switch we tried to add was already part of the Home app. The obvious solution seemed to remove the accessory from the Home app, then, before adding it back to it. This removal did not work, because the accessory was unreachable. I am not with the client now, and therefore, unfortunately, cannot show screenshots or use the exact wording of error messages. That is what had happened, however.

I thought, HomeKit was supposed to make home automation easy. I guess, not!

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
maybe something like controller for homekit will let you do it.

not sure if that will work, but it seems to work on things that the home app doesn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.