Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
I am trying to clean up my wife's iCloud Photo library; she is at the 200 shared albums limit so she can't accept or created shared photo albums any more (thank you Apple). My plan was to move the photos in multiple shared albums to a new album (not shared) for her with the same name, then unsubscribe to the shared album. This will get her under the 200 album limit.

This does not seem to work however. I have tried this on iPhone and iPad (she does not have a Mac). I tried both ways, this is what I did on the iPad:

1) I go to the Shared Album, select all photos; I tap the little square with the arrow ("Share icon") in the bottom left of the screen; there is an option to "Add to Shared Album", but no "Add to Album" option.

2) I go to the newly created empty Album of the same name; I tap "Add"; in the left pane there is a list of her Shared Albums, I go to the desired Shared Album, swipe and select all the photos; with it saying "Show Selected (67)" for example along the bottom, I tap "Add" in the top right corner. It closes that pane, pops me back to the newly created Album, which is and continues to be empty.

What's going wrong, and is there an easy way to do this? Thanks!

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
I found a way to do this:
Go to the Shared Album; select all the photos; tap the Share Icon and select "Add photos"; go to Recents, there select the newly added phots from the shared album which are all together; tap the Share Icon, and select "Add to Album", which now shows up; select the newly added album....done!

This made a new problem appear (what's the limit for shared folders? I'll post as a new thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.