Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sabr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
new york city
i'm having difficulty sending emails on my iphone. i'm using my .mac account. i keep getting the persistent spinning wheel and the "Connecting..." message.

WiFi doesn't seem to help, even though it is working fine. and reading emails isn't a problem.

sabr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
new york city
the first person i spoke to at Apple support wasn't very helpful. i tried another support person later, and recommended toggling Setting-->Airplane Mode on and off for 10 seconds straight.

after doing that, i was able to send an email thru EDGE.

i'm not sure if this helps long-term, but at least i was able to get the email sent. if any others have similar problems, give this a try.

Mathieu Basiat

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
the first person i spoke to at Apple support wasn't very helpful. i tried another support person later, and recommended toggling Setting-->Airplane Mode on and off for 10 seconds straight.

after doing that, i was able to send an email thru EDGE.

i'm not sure if this helps long-term, but at least i was able to get the email sent. if any others have similar problems, give this a try.

i deleted my dotmac account first, went airplane mode and then redid the account...using the att emailserver CWMX.com for smtp outgoing

WORKED!

eta: this worked on cox using wifi to boot, no idea about edge

eta again: ok, well, now i can send messages on the iPhone, but can't on my mac!!!

eta 3rd time...

ok, turned my mac back to smtp.mac.com
synced again...

everything is fine, can send mail from both and receive on both WITHOUT using CWMX.com as my smtp server

i dunno what to say but play with the thing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.