Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Apple have authorised an express replacement for my iPhone X, but for some reason, I’m unable to finish setting up the repair request online.

So far, they’ve sent me 3 links, and each one has the same issue. I click on the link, and it opens in Safari. I click to continue, then accept the terms and conditions, then on step 3 I enter my address and credit card details. When I click to complete the authorisation, I get this screen:

6A6CFEC7-10C6-4E54-8418-89AE6EA721D0.png

Eventually, after I’ve tried maybe 5 or 6 times, Apple kills the link and I get this message:

6B32567F-9811-4FAC-A1C1-4B713EF1283B.png

I’ve tried using Safari on my iPhone both on WiFi, and cellular, and I’ve tried both Safari and Firefox on my Mac.

Apple insists that there isn’t a problem at their end and it must be a bank problem, but I’ve tried both credit and debit cards from 2 different banks and neither has worked. I’ve also contacted the banks and they confirmed that they haven’t received any requests from Apple...let alone blocked any.

Apple tell me the only alternative now is to go into a store, or send them the device back first, neither of which is an acceptable solution for me at the moment. I’d also like to find out why this is happening in the first place rather use a workaround, as I may need this service again in the future if I ever need to claim against my AppleCare+.

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue before, and if you ever got it resolved.

Gryzor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
All I can say is, that process works because a colleague of mine at work just went through the motions. That being the case, if they have sent you three links that you've tried on multiple devices, they have done their due diligence. They have also given you two alternatives to get around your problem yet you're still not happy? If the phone is in such a state that it needs express replacement, you must be able to do without it for a few days while you send it back? Or, just get to a store and swap it as they said. Simples. I know you want to understand the issue, but right now that's not getting your phone replaced. Being stubborn about it won't help.

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Thanks for replying......at least I know it’s working for some. :)

Unfortunately, I can’t get into a store at the moment, and sending it away isn’t an option as I don’t have a backup handset......that’s the reason for the express replacement, not that it’s in such a state. The phone is useable, it’s just that it has a sizeable gap down one side of the screen, and I have a pink border right round the screen and banding and uniformity issues that show up through regular use.

I’m currently waiting for a call back from another senior advisor. They’re running a few checks, but they’ve just told me that there systems actually have been a little bit hit and miss for the past week, so this could be the issue. Persistence isn’t a bad thing in these kinds of situations, as sometimes you just need to speak to the right person.

This isn’t being stubborn, this is needing to use a service which should be available to me as currently it’s the only feasible option.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
I'd give my bank a call too - make sure there's nothing getting flagged in their system - it really is just a hold that's placed on your card until they get the old device back.

Edit: And, I think because of that, that it has to be a credit card, not a debit card.

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I'd give my bank a call too - make sure there's nothing getting flagged in their system - it really is just a hold that's placed on your card until they get the old device back.

Edit: And, I think because of that, that it has to be a credit card, not a debit card.
Thanks for the info......didn’t realise that about credit vs debit cards.

I have already spoken to the bank over the weekend, and they confirmed that they had no requests from Apple at all for a hold.

Apple have just confirmed that it is an issue with their systems. Will have to wait and see if it gets resolved.

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I’ve just been reminded by another thread that I never posted the solution to this.

Apple processed my payment information and completed the repair request over the phone. It was the only way they could get it to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.