Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Square-Eyes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2018
hey everyone

I can’t sign into my iCloud account for photos on my 4K Apple TV. Either it tells me the password is wrong (it’s not) or it just goes back to the iCloud sign on screen.

Internet connection is fine, other Apple apps work with my Apple account (videos, App Store), and Photo syncing is working fine between iPhone/iPad/iCloud. And I can sign into iCloud from a computer browser and see my photos there.

The TV photos app has worked in the past, but I don’t use it very often so not sure when it stopped working. A reboot didn’t help.

Any ideas?
Thanks
[][]

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Wales
Had a recent similar after an upgrade.
Sorted mine by going to settings/accounts/icloud
My details were not correct and photos option was OFF, reset to on and signed in OK.

Square-Eyes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2018
Thanks for the reply. My details are correct, and signing off doesn’t actually seem to do anything... i stay signed on.
But I have switched photos off, rebooted some more times, etc etc.

When I then went to photos, I was asked to provide my password for Photos. I no longer get thrown back to the sign-on screen, but after a lot of thinking it tells me that I have no photos, and that I should turn on photo iCloud Photo Library on my other devices. This is more worrying

I double checked and my phone/pad are still working normally.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Wales
Sorry, as far as my issue went with the same issues you are seeing. But as you say, when mine was playing up, other devices were fine.

Tried the master systems reset, otherwise known as turn it off at the mains then back on.......(sorry, old skool fixes sometimes worked).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.