Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
I have a Windows XP Pro SP1 CD, and tried to slipstream it, and got this error "This service pack cannot be integrated into a destination that also has integrated software updates" I googled around and apparently according to this page http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/pcmag_recovery, you can't slipstream an SP1 CD, onyl an original XP disc. "You're trying to slipstream SP2 onto a CD that already has SP1. This process only works with the original version of Windows XP." Do I ahve any options apart from buying another copy of XP?

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
balamw said:
nlite might help you, but there is a process to eliminate signs that service packs/hotfixes have been applied.

EDIT: http://vbdotnet.home.comcast.net/XP_SP2.htm

B
Holy complicated Batman :)

If im getting this straight through all that mess all I have to do is delete
Delete C:\WIN_CD\CD\SUPPORT\TOOLS\DEPLOY.CAB, and replace it with the DLed one
Delete C:\WIN_CD\CD\SVCPACK
Delete C:\WIN_CD\CD\i386\SVCPACK.INF

and then slipstream as normal?

Also it says I should get a new SVCPACK.INF file from another XP CD, which I don't have, but then says I don't need to get the file, I assume not having it won' mess anything up?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
todd2000 said:
Holy complicated Batman :)
Yup. And you read it just like I did. You can also download the INF file from MS if you have access to a Windows box.

Gooood Luuuck! ;)

B

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
balamw said:
Yup. And you read it just like I did. You can also download the INF file from MS if you have access to a Windows box.

Gooood Luuuck! ;)

B

How exactally do I DL the INF file? I can't seem to find it?, and will it make difference if I don't replace it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.