Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello,

Since a week I am enrolled to the Apple Developer Program. I made the correct App Identifiers. I used the manual sign the app. So,I clicked the correct profile by clicking ‘Download’ and clicking the right profile.

It immediately shows com.apple.application-identifier entitlement is missing from the profile in the download window. This is the error I get when using Xcode 11.

“Profile doesn’t include com.apple.application-identifier entitlement”

Now comes the fun! With Xcode 12, I don’t have this issue at all. The certificate window also shows everything is fine. But my app got rejected because I compiled it with Xcode 12, of course.

Did Apple screw up, or is there a way to fix this by myself?

Senor Cuete

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
You don't say if this is a mac OS or an iOS application. In a mac OS application it sounds like you should open the appname.plist and be sure to fill in the Bundle identifier field - generally with "com.appname.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I'd recommend starting a new project in Xcode with automatic signing and then just moving over all your source files and assets from your old Xcode project

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Actually, I found the problem. The problem is that it Xcode 11 doesn't work correctly with the new macOS 11.
Ah. Good to know. Especially if the install would actually work... I've tried it 7 times no luck. Even on a totally wiped and fresh drive. I don't think Big Sur likes my Mac.
Kinda funny btw... Do you know what Apple called macOS 11 in their Appleseed invites?

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Haha
Reactions: simonmet

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
Ah. Good to know. Especially if the install would actually work... I've tried it 7 times no luck. Even on a totally wiped and fresh drive. I don't think Big Sur likes my Mac.
Kinda funny btw... Do you know what Apple called macOS 11 in their Appleseed invites?
Yes, I know. Bug Sur.

Anyway, how did you try to install Big Sur to your Mac? Here it worked fine on my MacBook Pro 16" 2019 and the iMac 27 inch 2019, booted with Samsung X5 2TB.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Anyway, how did you try to install Big Sur to your Mac? Here it worked fine on my MacBook Pro 16" 2019 and the iMac 27 inch 2019, booted with Samsung X5 2TB.

First I tried using the regular process of upgrading my Catalina test drive (USB SanDisk drive) through the upgrade app. That didn't work. After 3 attempts, I used the createInstallMedia command from the app bundle to create a USB installer, booted into it and used the bundled disk utility to wipe the drive clean and ran the installer fresh. Didn't work. Then I tried booting my main system, used its disk utility to wipe the USB disk, and used the installer app from there. Didn't work.

priezz

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2020
I have exactly the same issue in Big Sur. So let's just wait for the updates.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I have exactly the same issue in Big Sur. So let's just wait for the updates.

It worked for me installing to the internal drive in my Mac. Used CCC to make my external a clone of my internal and then used my USB installer to install to the internal drive. - It's actually surprisingly stable and nice to use. Had feared it'd be a bit of a mess. Still not a big fan of some of the UI changes, but it's overall pretty nice. And fortunately, all my AppKit code seems to behave well still :)

priezz

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2020
It worked for me installing to the internal drive in my Mac. Used CCC to make my external a clone of my internal and then used my USB installer to install to the internal drive. - It's actually surprisingly stable and nice to use. Had feared it'd be a bit of a mess. Still not a big fan of some of the UI changes, but it's overall pretty nice. And fortunately, all my AppKit code seems to behave well still :)

macOS works fine, we are discussing specific issue in this thread (“Profile doesn’t include com.apple.application-identifier entitlement”).

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
macOS works fine, we are discussing specific issue in this thread (“Profile doesn’t include com.apple.application-identifier entitlement”).

I'm sorry, that was me being stupid. I was going through several replies in my MacRumors inbox and conflated two separate threads there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.