Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tigger11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
Rocket City, USA
My wife has had my old iPod Touch in her overnight forever, she has a bunch of horror movies she loves and plugs in the headphones and goes to sleep with it, I probably havent changed them in years. So with the Pandemic I have the grandkids here, so I erased the horror movies this weekend, set up 40 GB of stuff the kids will like, and told it to sync, and went to cook dinner. Itunes deleted them fine, I watched it do it. I marked new videos etc, and it loads not a single file onto the system I watched it on the retries, it starts and then stops almost immediately. Any ideas? I really wanted to get this set up for them, I have the video cable hooked to the TV in there, it played fine before I erased the movies, but the device has no movies.
-Tig

philden

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
I would try a different USB cable and/or a different USB port, particularly if you are connecting to the computer via a hub. Also check for any dust or fluff in the iPod connector.

Tigger11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
Rocket City, USA
Its weird, never could get itunes to sync it. So I tried a program called Copytrans, or something like that, had to shut off itunes while running it because they were conflicting, but it loaded 70 movies/ Shows on it,in about an hour and the kids are quiet this morning. They had no idea the moon got split in half, the strength of a Mok, or how cool the sun sword was until they started watching Thundarr the Barbarian this morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.