Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d4m1r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Bosnia
Hey guys, I am looking for something like the feature that was added in iOS 6 I believe....Basically, when you are getting a call but are busy, you press 1 button and the call is automatically ended and a text is sent directly to that person with a predefined text message.

I am asking because I am still running iOS 5 (jailbroken) for many reasons so don't have this feature but it would be great to have it and I don't see why a 3rd party app available through Cydia for example wouldn't be able to give me that functionality? Doesn't matter if it is paid for free. Have already tried BiteSMS as some people have said it might have something like that but I tested it today and it doesn't. Upgrading to a newer iOS is not an option either.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Might want to try asking in the jailbreak section to see if some people there might have some suggestions.

d4m1r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Bosnia
I doubt there is any third party apps around.

Why do you say that?

Anyone still using iOS 5 right now have something similar to this? Does everyone know what feature I'm talking about here that was introduced in iOS 6?

gtstricky

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2012
Why do you say that?

Anyone still using iOS 5 right now have something similar to this? Does everyone know what feature I'm talking about here that was introduced in iOS 6?

Because "reply with text" has been around for years and there are only 6 people using IOS 5. Time to upgrade.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why do you say that?

Because it's something that would need to work with the native phone functionality of the phone, and regular 3rd party apps typically won't be able to do that on a normal (non-jailbroken) iOS install. So you are down to basically either using something that the OS provides itself (as of iOS 6) or perhaps some jailbreak tweak that would bypass the typical iOS limitations and allow for something like that.

d4m1r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Bosnia
Because "reply with text" has been around for years and there are only 6 people using IOS 5. Time to upgrade.

Actually, a decent amount of users still use iOS 5.

I personally work in IT so am very familiar with the new iOS' and I don't like them at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.