Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elders

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2011
jailbroke my ipod touch 3g mc model (8gb) 3.1.3 with spirit. Tried system restore on itunes and downloading firmware from felixbruns and it still wont restore. It's in full working condition but I need to unjailbreak it so I can sell it because im getting an iphone. Need help, thanks.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
Why not just update to 4.3? Unless you have your 3.1.3 SHSH blobs saved, you can't restore to an older firmware.

mutchy126

macrumors regular
May 8, 2011
UK
Wait, Theres More!

thanks it works perfectly cheers

Thats a new thing you must know, Apple has disabled downgrading iDevices, You must have your SHSH Blobs saved for the Firmware to make it possible to download!

DrEnalg

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2011
East Bay, CA
Thats a new thing you must know, Apple has disabled downgrading iDevices, You must have your SHSH Blobs saved for the Firmware to make it possible to download!

It took some work for me to get SHSH blobs saved properly after I upgraded my device to 4.3.3.... I found it needed a full restore in order for TinyUmbrella to recognize the device and save the blobs. Prior to that, my etc/host file needed to be tidied up in order to even do the upgrade and restore in the first place. Nothing's ever straightforward. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.