Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Unbelievable, I like the new apple store and I love that no more password for updates.. But apple never seems to surprise me to always make a big ass mistake. I was really shocked and soo pissed about at the moment is this... I cant update my freaking apps, reason is it says you cannot update it in the saudi arabian store, please go to the uk one to do so.. I am in saudi arabia at the moment and will be back in UK but why is apple limiting that? is it so people dont lie about which country theyre in so they cant take advantage or other countries app stores or whatev...

My account is a UK one so is the card attached to my account and never have I had problems upgrading apps when I leave the uk for a month or a vacation.. Now I cant update unless im in the same native country? Really? seriously any way around this? I leave the uk 4 months a year traveling to different countries and I want to update -_-

See last post for solution

Last edited:

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I am in the same position I can't update any of my Apps. I have an iPhone 3GS. All the Apps say downloading, but they don't download. I tried to buy a new App to see if that would start the ball rolling, but that just says downloading as well. Store appeared to accept ID and P/W ok. So far I have tried to restart the phone, but that has not worked. I also logged out and back in again with my Apple ID, but that did not help either. Just in the process of backing up the phone and will then do a reset, can't think of anything else to try.

This is the first time I have ever had an iOS update problem. Oh well.

latts

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2008
Yeah seems to be an issue when you're roaming. I'm in Sweden and can't update it says I cannot update through the Swedish store even though my account is with the UK. Checked iTunes store and it's still set-up as UK

Lack of testing outside the US there Apple!

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Not is my case I am in the UK and the iPhone was setup for the UK. Apps still will not download.

Anyway currently restoring from backup - Will let you know if it fixes the problem.

Restoring appears to have fixed the problem - at least the apps are downloading.

Last edited:

SBruv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2008
Think I might have solved this one...

Okay, I had the exact same problem with my iPad 3 - tried to update apps in the App Store over WiFi and they all stuck on 'Loading', no matter what I tried.

What I finally did was tap all the apps to set them to 'Waiting', update all the apps in iTunes on my Mac, then sync the iPad with iTunes (which I did over USB not WiFi - dunno whether or not that matters). Trying this with the apps on the iPad 'Loading' threw up errors; doing it with them 'Waiting' worked perfectly.

(Oh, and if you have trouble getting them to switch to 'Waiting', I think I had to log out of the App Store, then restart the iPad to be able to do it.)

Nice.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
Currently traveling in Asia with a US account, I had this problem after updating to iOS 6.

Settings -> iTunes & App Store. Select your account, log out and back in.

Did the trick for me. My apps are updating now.

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Have you tried updating via iTunes on the computer?

I deleted my apps from itunes and domt always have my lappy on vaction.

I am in the same position I can't update any of my Apps. I have an iPhone 3GS. All the Apps say downloading, but they don't download. I tried to buy a new App to see if that would start the ball rolling, but that just says downloading as well. Store appeared to accept ID and P/W ok. So far I have tried to restart the phone, but that has not worked. I also logged out and back in again with my Apple ID, but that did not help either. Just in the process of backing up the phone and will then do a reset, can't think of anything else to try.

This is the first time I have ever had an iOS update problem. Oh well.

Same here :(

Not is my case I am in the UK and the iPhone was setup for the UK. Apps still will not download.

Anyway currently restoring from backup - Will let you know if it fixes the problem.

Restoring appears to have fixed the problem - at least the apps are downloading.

Do let us know please

Currently traveling in Asia with a US account, I had this problem after updating to iOS 6.

Settings -> iTunes & App Store. Select your account, log out and back in.

Did the trick for me. My apps are updating now.

Hmm thanks alot ill try it out now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.