Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
I haven't seen this one mentioned before, and nothing pops up when the message is thrown into a search engine.

When I go to update apps (either singly or "Update All") I receive a pop-up stating, "This discounted price is only available to customers who own a previous version of this item. To purchase this item at full price, click Buy."

Clicking "Buy" does not do anything but return the pop-up.
Clicking "Cancel" does not do anything but return the pop-up.

After several clicks, the App Store main menu returns and the notification that there are apps to update remains.

FWIW, I'm running an iPhone 8, with iOS 12.4

Anyone get, dealt with, or solved this issue?

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Not the same issue but I can’t update any apps. If I tap update or update all, the app icons spin for a second then revert to update and nothing gets updated. Might be related. Been like this for the past couple of days now.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Multiple Apple IDs and not signed into the one that app was originally downloaded from? Or similar, used a friend's ID to purchase?

Dieseldk

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2013
Denmark
Not the same issue but I can’t update any apps. If I tap update or update all, the app icons spin for a second then revert to update and nothing gets updated. Might be related. Been like this for the past couple of days now.

I have the same problem, on multiple devices iPhone, iPad and atv, so think it’s something with the account just can’t find out what.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Just off the phone with Apple support. Tried various diagnostics without success. They have now captured video of the issue as well as full iPad diagnostics/logs and sending off to the engineering team as they are stumped. Will report back when I get an update.
Are you still having the issue?

MellowMonkey42

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
I too am having this issue. Went to check on my apps a couple of days ago only to discover that they were last updated on the 13th. After looking around it turns out it’s an issue with all of my devices. aTV, iPhone, and iPad.

did all the usual troubleshooting and nothing has helped.

starting to sound like a server side issue for a handful of us. But what could’ve triggered it?

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
I managed to fix this a couple of days ago but I’m waiting in Apple to call me back tomorrow to discuss. I believe it was related to new term and conditions for Apple Media services. I set up family home sharing instead of using my id for the kids iPads. Once set up, logged into App Store on the new kids id but when I tried to update, it prompted me for my id. Did this then tried the update, it spun round once then popped up with the terms and conditions. Accepted them and now updates work fine on all my devices. I only recently subscribed to my first podcast and it may have been this action that initially caused the issue.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008

Same here since yesterday evening. Just updated to latest iOS version (12.4.1) and no change.
[doublepost=1567083279][/doublepost]
It has fixed it self for me to day, must have been something server side

I’m still facing the problem even right now.
[doublepost=1567083330][/doublepost]
I managed to fix this a couple of days ago but I’m waiting in Apple to call me back tomorrow to discuss. I believe it was related to new term and conditions for Apple Media services. I set up family home sharing instead of using my id for the kids iPads. Once set up, logged into App Store on the new kids id but when I tried to update, it prompted me for my id. Did this then tried the update, it spun round once then popped up with the terms and conditions. Accepted them and now updates work fine on all my devices. I only recently subscribed to my first podcast and it may have been this action that initially caused the issue.

I don’t get prompted with anything.
[doublepost=1567083372][/doublepost]
I too am having this issue. Went to check on my apps a couple of days ago only to discover that they were last updated on the 13th. After looking around it turns out it’s an issue with all of my devices. aTV, iPhone, and iPad.

did all the usual troubleshooting and nothing has helped.

starting to sound like a server side issue for a handful of us. But what could’ve triggered it?
AI

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
@ghanwani

Do you have another Apple ID you can sign into the App Store with? If you, try that and see what happens. It seems a temporary switch of the Apple ID is needed to force the prompt.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
@ghanwani

Do you have another Apple ID you can sign into the App Store with? If you, try that and see what happens. It seems a temporary switch of the Apple ID is needed to force the prompt.

I have only one ID. I tried signing out and signing back in but it didn’t help.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
No, that doesn’t work unfortunately. You need to switch to a different ID to trigger it it seems based on my limited testing.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
I’m still having this problem. My phone is unable to update any of the 6 apps that are indicating updates.

Anyone else facing this?

I don’t think I can call in for support without paying for it since I’m on an SE.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
I called Apple and they weren’t able to help me on the phone — tried various things but none worked. They have set up a Genius Bar appointment for me for tomorrow.

I also noticed that my libraries are all gone from the Music app. So looks like something to do with my ID. I recently returned a Mac and I had signed out of iTunes before taking it back. This problem started happening after that. Could I have inadvertently selected an option while signing out of iTunes on the Mac that has caused this problem?

If someone reading this has a Mac can you sign out of iTunes and see if there’s an option that might cause an iPhone’s library to get erased?

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
At Genius Bar, show them this thread. If they can change the Apple ID and try to update the apps, it will hopefully prompt to accept Apple Media terms and conditions which cleared it for me.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
I took it to the Genius Bar yesterday. They did a factory reset and set up as new. Everything seems to be working except it looks like I lost all my photos. My guess is I might have disabled iCloud for photos. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.