Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gabriellefunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
It shows that I have an update, but every time I click on it the App Store is blank. I can't download apps either. Is there a fix to this? I would really like Beta 2.

gabriellefunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
There are direct links in apple's developer forum. You can download them in a browser and install DP2 manually thereby circumventing the mac app store altogether.

You have to be a registered developer to access them (which you should be anyway since so far el capitan has only officially been released to registered developers).

We can't post the links here on macrumors though because that breaches macrumors rules.
Actually, though, Safari won't let me access the Developer's website. So how do I download it manually? Safari has been messed up ever since I got DB1.

gabriellefunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
You could try another browser (or even a different operating system).

I actually find that they download quickest via google chrome in windows 7!
I don't have any other browser downloaded on my Mac and it won't let me download any others, because of the same error that constantly shows up. I'm lost.

SG-

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
it sounds like something is broken on your Mac preventing SSL connections to work. try getting Firefox or Chrome and seeing if you can download it.

Reactions: gabriellefunk

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
"Safari can't open the page "https://developer.apple.com" because Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server "developer.apple.com". This happens more often than not.

it sounds like something is broken on your Mac preventing SSL connections to work. try getting Firefox or Chrome and seeing if you can download it.

Sounds like something is going on with your SSL, I have no issues with the developer.apple.com link though the computer I'm on currently is running Mavericks.

Back up your data and try a reinstall of DP1, preferably a clean install.

Reactions: gabriellefunk

gabriellefunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
I put Firefox and Chrome on a flash drive and put them on my MacBook Pro and the websites still aren't working. "This connection is untrusted," etc. error messages.

gabriellefunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
To everyone that has been so kind as to help me out in this thread:

I've got it all figured out! Finally. It feels like it took forever (and it practically did), but what I did was this-
I updated to DP2 via Terminal by using sudo softwareupdate -iva. It downloaded and then installed, and all I had to do was restart my MacBook afterwards. Thank goodness.

Then, my Safari was still not working properly, so I put my AdwareMedic and Avast Mac Security in the Trash, emptied it, and then restarted and everything is working flawlessly now. Even my Mail (which I was also having issues with).

Again, thank you everyone!

gabriellefunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
you should never install that stuff, especially on a dev release system (but in general don't bother with antivirus on OSX, it will cause more trouble).
I installed it for a quick second because I got malware on my Mac from streaming a third-party movie and forgot to take it off afterwards. It won't be back on though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.