Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdee1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
I just bought a new imac 27" which came with High Sierra. I am trying to update to Mojave and I am having trouble.

I go to the app store and download the mojave installer and that seems ok. Then when I run the mojave installer, it churns for a while and looks like its working. After several minutes, it fails and displays an error saying:

"An error occurred validating the installer data. Te download is either damaged or incomplete. Redownload the installer ant try again."

if i look at the file size of the mojave installer it is 6.03 GB which i think is correct.

I have done this several times and its been the same result every time.

With that said, I have noticed that when downloading files with chrome, most of the time, it will download most of the file and then say failed. if i click the item on the chrome downloads bar at the bottom of the screen and click resume, it will finis the the download without issue.

I have tried connecting to my network using wifi and with ethernet, and I have had the same issue with both connections.

Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone offer any insights on how to troubleshoot this?

Last edited:

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
Have you tried downloading using a different browser? That might make a difference, considering what you wrote about Chrome. I downloaded with Firefox and had no issues.

Cordorb

macrumors regular
May 8, 2010
I would install new systems on an EXTERNAL disk so you can dual boot if things go bad.

If you are having this much trouble NOW you may not be ready for Mojave.

I tend to install with FULL installs and not the so called web installs

bdee1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
Have you tried downloading using a different browser? That might make a difference, considering what you wrote about Chrome. I downloaded with Firefox and had no issues.

how would I go about downloading mojave using a browser? I have been using the app store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.