Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimckimmel

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
I have Public Beta 2 running on my iPhoneX witH no issues. However, with today’s WatchOS Update, I’m unable to update the watch. I see the badge that an update is available, but when I go in to the watch app, and try to download the update, I get a message that either the phone isn’t connected to the internet (it is) or the watch isn’t connected to the phone (it is - other apps and info are updating fine). I’ve rebooted both devices, but no luck.

Anyone else seeing this? I’m submitting feedback on it, but wanted to see if it’s just me.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
I am having exactly the same problem with the PB2 and Apple Watch. I tried unpairing and repairing and it didn't help. Still having both error messages.

jimckimmel

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for that. Not sure how/why this fixed it (and I didn’t try the fix, above), but connected to LTE, and launching the watch app, the phone finally got to the point of install (pending connection to WiFi). Next time I connected to WiFi, the watch update downloaded and I was able to install.

If this is happening to you, try turning WiFi off and see if that gets around it, before removing the beta profile.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Thanks for that. Not sure how/why this fixed it (and I didn’t try the fix, above), but connected to LTE, and launching the watch app, the phone finally got to the point of install (pending connection to WiFi). Next time I connected to WiFi, the watch update downloaded and I was able to install.

If this is happening to you, try turning WiFi off and see if that gets around it, before removing the beta profile.
This worked for me, thank you so much!

jsamuelson

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
Switzerland

Confirm this works, many thanks!

codemonkey812

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
The above process work for me to update my watch OS, but now some items are not syncing. The biggest issue is my contacts are missing so names are not displayed on messages or calls. I have reset the watch and tried the reset contact data option. Anyone else having issues?

mogilesha

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2015
Russia
The above process work for me to update my watch OS, but now some items are not syncing. The biggest issue is my contacts are missing so names are not displayed on messages or calls. I have reset the watch and tried the reset contact data option. Anyone else having issues?
YEs, everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.