Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
My Mac Pro 5,1 can’t run Catalina, so does that mean I’m not going to be able to sync my iPhone with iTunes anymore?

When Apple switches to the Music app, will my songs no longer be available in iTunes to organize and sync with my legacy iPhone 7 Plus?

I’m pretty concerned because I can’t afford a new Mac just to sync my music.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
My Mac Pro 5,1 can’t run Catalina, so does that mean I’m not going to be able to sync my iPhone with iTunes anymore?

When Apple switches to the Music app, will my songs no longer be available in iTunes to organize and sync with my legacy iPhone 7 Plus?

I'm pretty sure (at least I hope), that there is a way to facilitate your needs (and mine, and many thousands of others in the same boat).

Mojave will be supported for a long time to come, so don't panic yet. The final point release of Mojave hasn't even hit yet, and neither has Catalina been released. Plenty of time to figure it out.

Reactions: martyjmclean

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
I'm pretty sure (at least I hope), that there is a way to facilitate your needs (and mine, and many thousands of others in the same boat).

Mojave will be supported for a long time to come, so don't panic yet. The final point release of Mojave hasn't even hit yet, and neither has Catalina been released. Plenty of time to figure it out.

Can’t upgrade to Mojave either :-(

Synchro3

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014

iTunes remains in older system versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.