Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netsped

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Hello, does anybody else has trouble uploading videos from the stock Photos app to Youtube. When I try to upload a video using the share sheet a message pops up about Youtube not being available.

It's been like this for at least a month, I recently switched from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 and even after setting it up as new the problem persists.

Does it have anything to do with the recent Youtube API changes? is it fixed in recent betas?

I hope it gets fixed, I use that feature at least once a week and find it to be the best option to upload directly from the iPhone.

Thanks.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Hello, does anybody else has trouble uploading videos from the stock Photos app to Youtube. When I try to upload a video using the share sheet a message pops up about Youtube not being available.

It's been like this for at least a month, I recently switched from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 and even after setting it up as new the problem persists.

Does it have anything to do with the recent Youtube API changes? is it fixed in recent betas?

I hope it gets fixed, I use that feature at least once a week and find it to be the best option to upload directly from the iPhone.

Thanks.

I'm not using this for YouTube but i just tried and i do get the 'YouTube' icon in the share sheet and when i press it i can type in the name of the video and the description. I didn't press send but i didn't have issues untill this step. When does the popup message occur on your end?

I've tried on a iPhone 5s running iOS8.3 and the latest YouTube app version.

Have you tried turning off/on your iPhone? What OS version are you running and are you using the latest YouTube app version?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I rarely upload raw video without editing.

Upload with iMovie frequently.
You could try the YouTube Capture app, it allows for full 1080p upload while I think the Photos upload downscales to 720 at best.

edit* Just uploaded a 14s vid of my cat. Had to authenticate in the Photos app, but went zip right on up. iOS8.4b

netsped

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I'm not using this for YouTube but i just tried and i do get the 'YouTube' icon in the share sheet and when i press it i can type in the name of the video and the description. I didn't press send but i didn't have issues untill this step. When does the popup message occur on your end?

I've tried on a iPhone 5s running iOS8.3 and the latest YouTube app version.

Have you tried turning off/on your iPhone? What OS version are you running and are you using the latest YouTube app version?

It happens as soon as I press the icon in the share sheet. It will load the Youtube screen but a second later it show the "Youtube not available" message with only an Ok button.

I've tried with an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 6, both with iOS 8.3 and the latest Youtube app.

Yes, I've tried turning it off/on, I've just bought the iPhone 6 10 days ago and I even started fresh with nothing restored from a backup.

I rarely upload raw video without editing.

Upload with iMovie frequently.
You could try the YouTube Capture app, it allows for full 1080p upload while I think the Photos upload downscales to 720 at best.

edit* Just uploaded a 14s vid of my cat. Had to authenticate in the Photos app, but went zip right on up. iOS8.4b

Will try the Capture app. I don't need to edit the videos I take because they are of random stuff, just don't want them to take space on the iPhone nor iCloud.

Have tried on 8.3, works without problems.

It must be something with my account then. Are you using two step verification on your Google account?

Last edited:

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
It happens as soon as I press the icon in the share sheet. It will load the Youtube screen but a second later it show the "Youtube not available" message with only an Ok button.

I've tried with an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 6, both with iOS 8.3 and the latest Youtube app.

Yes, I've tried turning it off/on, I've just bought the iPhone 6 10 days ago and I even started fresh with nothing restored from a backup.

Will try the Capture app. I don't need to edit the videos I take because they are of random stuff, just don't want them to take space on the iPhone nor iCloud.

It must be something with my account then. Are you using two step verification on your Google account?

Yes I do. However before iOS 8.3 sharing video account was been set differently. I have used random key which was generated via google account security management. Tried today, appeared login window, entered account information, entered two step code and thats all.

jtmacb

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2004
Triangle, NC USA
Yes I do. However before iOS 8.3 sharing video account was been set differently. I have used random key which was generated via google account security management. Tried today, appeared login window, entered account information, entered two step code and thats all.
YouTube Capture is the app to use. Longer videos, can add music and do other editing if you wish before uploading to YouTube. However, speaking of things not uploading, why is it that you can upload directly to YouTube from within Photos on a Mac? I remember being able to do that with iPhoto. And you can do it from iMovie. So why not Photos?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.