Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan08

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Since updating my iPhone and iPad to iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, I can no longer view recorded clips on my home app on either of them. The timeline no longer shows a preview thumbnail for each clip, and when I navigate to one to watch it, it just hangs up after trying to load on a black screen. This happens on my updated iPad and iPhone but I am able to still view them normally on my MacBook Air (macOS 11.3.1).

Anyone else having this same HomeKit issue?

It seems like an iOS/iPadOS 15 issue since my mac works fine, but I made sure to update all of my home hubs (AppleTVs and HomePod Minis) for good measure. I have also tried turning both devices off and on several times, and quitting and reopening the app. I have tried on WiFi as well as cellular.

Dan08

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Update:
I haven’t gotten it to work yet but I have noticed that both of my updated devices (iPad and iPhone) show iCloud Keychain as being turned off. I have had it turned on for several years now, and my passwords are (luckily) all still in the Settings > Passwords section. But somehow the update killed my iCloud Keychain setting and made it appear as “off”. Could this have anything to do with my AirTag and HomeKit problems?

Also, does anyone know where you can submit bug fix requests to Apple?

Dan08

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Solved: For anyone else with this issue, I just had to finally pull the trigger and do a full restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.