Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmacmcmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
So I am THISSS close to submitting my order for the MBP online. I can't take it anymore. I can't get any school work done because I'm always thinking about it, I can hardly eat, and can barely sleep!! Does the value I'll get from ordering now in terms of health, ,maintaining some sanity, and school, outweigh the price of buying Leopard when it comes out?? The only thing that's holding me back is I keep thinking what does it say about myself if I can't wait for a machine, a product, a thing?? I also don't actually NEED it right away.. argh, I don't know.. help.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Its quite possible that in the next few days (possibly a week) you'll get an announcement that "from now on" Leopard will be a free upgrade...hold on! You can do it :)

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 165

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Ah, this mbp im typing on right now is so nice and fast...I love my machine!!! Getting it is truly an exceptional experience!!! :) /taunt

OK, in all seriousness, just wait. You'll be happy you did! YOU CAN DO IT!! I believe in you!!

Retired
May 16, 2006
Don't be so sure on that Education price...with the last update of iWork, the regular price stayed the same, but the Edu price went up...I have a bad feeling that will happen with Leopard too...

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
I remember losing sleep when both my old PowerBook G4 and MBP were en route to my house. Getting a new Mac really is exciting, even though saying that makes me sound like a total geek. <3

In all honesty though, dude, we're so close to Leopard. If you really want to go ahead and get it, do it, but really, we're only a few days away from a release. Realistically you're talking about buying last-gen's operating system when the next one is right around the corner. If you wait, you won't have to upgrade and move apps and files over, you can just start fresh with Leopard and a sexy new notebook.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
how much higher can it really go though...and for a new os? hopefully, the improvements are huge and make it worth the money for me...i have an older late 2006 mb.

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
leopard will be released sometime between the 22-23 and the 30th-31st

I'm still banking on it being released on the 26th. Did you not see these articles?

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/10/04/apple_announcements_brewing_for_late_october.html
Update: We are receiving additional tips from industry sources who indicate that October 26 is currently the estimated ship date for Mac OS X Leopard.

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0710leopardrelease.html
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard remains on track for an October release on or around October 26, sources report.

mcmacmcmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Thank you all for knocking sense into me.. I'm going to try my best to wait it out!! It won't be easy as I think I've already ran through all the unboxing threads and obsessed over accessories to the point I think I'm familiar with every case/protection/stand/cooler/keyboard/mouse/external monitor.. My head is spinning with brand names, prices, and specs. so ridiculous.

alphaoenz

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
But just think, you're going to be waiting for Leopard, along with thousands of other people. Expect to see shipping delays. I just went ahead and ordered a 2.4 15" on the 6th and it's going to be delivered tomorrow. I can source out Leopard for free, so it's a non issue (for me anyways). I just hope they don't release some sweet ass black anodized version along with it.

mcmacmcmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
But just think, you're going to be waiting for Leopard, along with thousands of other people. Expect to see shipping delays. I just went ahead and ordered a 2.4 15" on the 6th and it's going to be delivered tomorrow. I can source out Leopard for free, so it's a non issue (for me anyways). I just hope they don't release some sweet ass black anodized version along with it.

you're killing me :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.